Charity… Justice… Brotherly Love… Fidelity
High Point Lodge #1155 was chartered in April, 1909. Not long after the High Point Lodge was instituted, we purchased a three story house on Broad Street that faced the downtown railroad tracks. Shares of stock were sold to members to raise money for the down payment. The first Elks Lodge was demolished and replaced with a building that stands on the corner of Elm and Kivett Dr. The second Lodge was sold in 1980 to North State Telephone after our present lodge building was built. We celebrated our centennial anniversary in 2009 by hosting the NC Elks State Convention in High Point.
The number 1155 denotes there were 1154 lodges already in the US when ours was instituted. At present there are 37 active lodges in NC. Goldsboro Lodge #139 was first established in 1890. Over the next nineteen years Charlotte, Winston and Salem (two cities then), Durham, Greensboro, Asheville, Salisbury and ten other lodges were instituted. High Point was the 17th lodge formed in North Carolina. There are four districts in NC, the East, East Central, West Central (which includes High Point), and West District. The NC State Elks Association was formed in 1940.
All Lodges report to the Grand ER / National President through the District Deputy, who makes an annual visit to each lodge. He audits our finances and grades our performance as an Elks Lodge. The DD then sends his report to the Grand Lodge in Chicago.
700 Old Mill Road
High Point, NC 27265