Summer is in full swing! The pool has now been open for over a month and everyone is having a great time at the Lodge. It’s July 1st and you know what that means. The next few days will be our busiest days of the season at the pool. The weather looks great for the 4th of July so we expect a large crowd that day and the days leading up to it. Please remember a few basic things for the 4th:
– The pool opens at 10 am. The line to get in will begin early. The House Committee will be serving $5 pancake breakfast for those in line with the net proceeds going to Camp Carefree. So bring your camping chair and enjoy the wait with your friends.
– Please do not “reserve” lounge chairs for those not in your party. We expect chairs to be reserved for those that are actually in line. We have a limited supply of lounge chairs so please be courteous.
– The Pool Committee will be serving $1 hamburgers, hot dogs and draft beer from 11 am – 2 pm. Please bring cash for to pay for your lunch tickets.
– Please keep food and drinks away from the pool. We prefer that all food and drinks remain at least 10 feet from the edge of the pool.
– Only “out of town” guests will be permitted on Tuesday. $10 guest fee still applies.
– The pool will close at 6 pm Tuesday so our lifeguards can go home to celebrate 4th of July with their families.
– There are lots of games and activities that we have planned so come out and enjoy the day!!
I would like to thank everyone for their patience over the past few weeks as we have been dealing with an ongoing plumbing issue in the pool restrooms. This week we were able to get some work done to resolve the problem and so far so good. Our facility was built in 1980 and we are starting to see some issues that will need to be addressed inside the building as well. We are evaluating the most pressing issues and are working to identify a viable long term solution for those things that need to be repaired, replaced or upgraded. Once again, your patience is appreciated!
Congratulations to our swim team which notched its first win of the season June 27th defeating Oak Ridge by only 7 points. It came down to the last race! Very exciting. We also had a great June with many fun events. It takes a lot of volunteers to help make sure we provide great things for our Members. Thanks goes to Stewart McGlaughlin who coordinated everything for us to have our first Food Truck night on June 2nd. The turnout was huge. Stewart also originated the idea for us to “roll out” Bocce Ball Thursdays and we had tremendous attendance for our first one. Thanks also to Russ Pallaci and his crew who pulled off another successful Fish Fry on June 17th with over 70 meals sold. On June 30th we held out annual Swim For Cancer benefit at the pool, raising a lot of money for the American Cancer Society. Special thanks to Staci Bensel who chairs this event each year. Please check our website, Facebook, Twitter and your weekly e-blast to keep up with all of the great events we have planned for the rest of the summer.
Many of our Members will be traveling in July for family vacations. Please travel safely and enjoy your time away. We will miss you and look forward to seeing you when you return.
Finally, congratulations to Mike Cockerham on being named our June Elk of the Month.
Bob Gold, Jr.